Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2015 16:00

Alienware 15 Sound Problem

Hello! I recently purchased an Alienware 15 gaming laptop from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151703831062?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Everything on it works great (refurbished) everything works great. Accept for one thing. 

My problem is, when I try to play a youtube video the audio is very faint (same thing goes for other places) If I put my head up to the keyboard I can just bearly hear it.

If I plug in heaphones, there is a sound of white noise (almost like static) that happens, I can hear other things through the headphones but the static is too much.

I've tried installing/uninstalling audio drivers but that didn't fix it.

How do I fix this?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 17th, 2015 05:00

I've tried installing/uninstalling audio drivers but that didn't fix it.

Did you download a fresh copy of the Creative audio driver? If not, go to the Alienware 15 support page, click "Find it myself", click the blue "Change OS" button and select your operating system, expand the Audio category and download the Creative driver.

You might also want to expand the BIOS category and update the BIOS version.

Try different sets of headphones. If you still hear the static then probably a hardware defect, perhaps a short. In that case return the the laptop to the seller. I see that the seller gives you 14 days.

If the seller's return period has expired, you might have to go through ebay's resolution. I see that the seller says that Dell's warranty applies. If the seller is not an official Dell re-seller then Dell might not honor the warranty, so I would check into that. There is a Warranty tab on the Alienware 15 support page where you can look into the warranty status.

Another resource for getting information is the Alienware Club section of the Dell forum.

No Events found!