Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 1st, 2015 19:00

Alienware Factory Image Questions

Hi folks

Just been onto Dell Support chat and have managed to arrange delivery of factory recovery media for  Alienware 17 R2 (early 2015).

Chat support was great and I have immediately received a phone call from logistics department and will be receiving a USB key tomorrow which is awesome.

This was due to a corrupted image I created when first getting the machine. I used AlienRespawn on what must have been a bad egg in the batch of USB thumb drives I purchased from unfortunately - the USB drive has now completely failed.

After creating previously mentioned corrupted image on my own behalf, I also went ahead and formatted the D: Drive as I assumed I would not be needing anything from there in regard to setting back up to out of box state.

This leads me to my question:

• Prior to formatting D: Drive there was a directory which I failed to backup...seemed to be locked to Alienware in some way - can anyone tell me what directories I managed to delete which come out of the factory on the D: (data) Drive of an Alienware 17 R2...
  • if I really really needed to retain them ....
  • if there is some way of getting those files back onto D: if they are essential to proper functioning

Any relevant information would be truly appreciated. 

No Responses!
No Events found!