Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 21st, 2017 11:00

Another Power Question - Display turns off and Music stops .. why?

XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 with Win 10

I have seen several posts concerning Sleep problems so I wanted to ask about this.

If I have my system set to turn off the Display and 50 minutes later to put the system to sleep, why does iTunes stop playing as soon as the Display turn off.  I have been testing with both the Dell Power Scheme and Balanced Power scheme.  I have different settings for Unplugged but the system is Plugged in and battery fully charged.

The Display does not turn off and the music does not stop if I am using the Windows Media Player.

I have looked through all the settings in Settings, System, Power & Sleep and the advanced settings.  I have disabled the option to save power when the system knows I am away (how does it know that). 

I have changed settings and rebooted to confirm, but the bottom line is the activity seen for the Power Scheme does not follow prescribed protocols.  If anyone might know why or if I have missed some settings please advise.  All Drivers and Bios are updated.

Thanks

Clark

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2017 18:00

Well, when I point out a problem with sleep options, I would have expected someone from Dell to take interest.

Since this happens with the Dell Power Scheme and Balanced Power Scheme, I suppose it will take a change to the Intel Video driver or a Bios change.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 16:00

Well, I thought I would add another problem.  It appears when the Display turns off, along with the music pausing, the touchscreen is deactivated.

So, if I have the system in a 2-in-1 configuration I have to unfold it to make the keyboard active again in order to regain the display..  On my other two touchscreen systems the touchscreen remains active with the display off.

No Events found!