Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2013 07:00

Audio automatically decreases and increases during Bluetooth connection.

Hi all,

I have dell inspiron 5521 with Win8.

I connected (Paired) one of my phone (Nokia S40 series) through bluetooth and connection established without any issues and data transfer was successful, But during the connection, laptop's audio goes down and muted AUTOMATICALLY!. Then after some seconds audio increased to 100% AUTOMATICALLY! Even if i try to avoid it going to zero percent, i was unable to increase audio and it goes to mute. This happened randomly  during the bluetooth connection.

Once the connection terminated, audio worked without issues..

What is the problem??

Thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

Hi Keshava,

It appears to be an issue with the drivers for the Bluetooth card. Please share the screenshot of the Device Manager with Network Adapters expanded so that I can share the drivers for your card. Here are the steps to open Device Manager:

• Press the key combination of Windows Logo key + R key to open Run dialog box in desktop mode.
  • Type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
  • Device Manager will appear.

Please reply with the information.

Hi Saharsh,

Thanks for quick reply..

I will share the screenshot later as right now i'm away from my Dell 5521.

One question:

Whether pairing through bluetooth to a phone (Nothing else, only pairing) gives permission to phone to control speakers through bluetooth??

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 22nd, 2013 08:00

Hi Keshava,

The audio output is controlled through services and it is possible that the through Bluetooth pairing your phone gets access audio output controls.

No Events found!