Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2017 19:00

Audio problem inquiry

So I bought my brand new laptop a month ago (Dell Inspiron 15 7000), and since I got it I noticed two things that nagged me big time, first a skip or pop in the sound every so many minutes ( it could be in range of time between 10 to 30 minutes), it could be while listening to  Youtube, Spotify or Netflix. Sometimes I can be very obsessive over some things that  many people just could overlook but since I spend a month salary in this laptop it kind of annoyed me that it wasn't workings as expected, since it was a little pricey for me. Also every time I plug or unplugged the charger the audio made a buzzing sound that really used to get under my skin. After I reviewed some blogs and youtube videos I got a tip on disabling the a system device: DELL DIAG CONTROL DEVICE. After doing it, the problem was solved, no more skipping/popping  in the audio so far, and the buzzing sound after pluggin/unplugging the charger was gone. 

My inquiries are : what does the DELL DIAG CONTROL DEVICE is meant for? why disabled it fixed my problem (if what I commented can be take as a problem)? and what could be the downsides of operating my laptop without it?

Thank you in advance for reading my long post, hope to hear some answers.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 29th, 2017 07:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

Hello Don. I would like to add your solution to the Recent Issues FAQ. It would help if you could tell me the full model name of the laptop. Based on your description, it is a 15" Inspiron in the 7000 series, so the model name is Inspiron 75xx. I need to know the numbers that would be where I put xx.

Also need to know the operating system.

Thank you for posting your solution.

PS in the other thread in which you posted, I put in a link to section 5 of the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ. In section 5, look for the quote by Randy Gibbons.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 1st, 2018 05:00

Any luck finding your model number and operating system?

January 1st, 2018 13:00

Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming with Windows 10 home 64 -bit

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 1st, 2018 18:00

Thanks. Here are some links if you want to learn which model you have:

How to find the model name.

or

use this utility which tells you the name

No Events found!