Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 8th, 2014 05:00

Auto set Headphone Volume

Hi,

I often plug in earphones, turn on music and then blow the head off myself because I forgot to check the volume setting.

I fiddled around with "Dell Audio" and saw that we can set treble\bass\etc based on devices plugged in using the presets but not volume. This is surprising given it seems such an obvious one.

I know that the hardware\drivers are capable of identifying the event of plugging in headphones as there is a setting in Dell Audio under the advanced section called "Enable auto popup dialog when device is plugged in" and when checked if I plug in my earphones a dialog box does pop up asking me to identify the item and once selected the audio stream switches form speakers to earphones.

Is there an update to the dell drivers which notify windows that a headset is plugged in so I can have windows manage my initial audio volumes?

Failing that is there a update to the Dell Audio tool (or other) that will correctly set the volumes?

Dell Laptop: 7537

3 Posts

June 10th, 2014 13:00

Found the answer,

I uninstalled the Real Tek audio driver and installed this version

http://www.realtek.com/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Volumes automatically drop when a headset is plugged in.

I have lost Dell Audio as a result but as I never used it originlly I don't mind

1 Message

September 21st, 2015 10:00

You the real MVP.

Finally a solution that worked. :)

No Events found!