Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2015 07:00

BATTERY dead after Failed Nvidia Graphics update

Battery is shown as not detected. eSPA error code 2000-0131 + validation 94350

MSG: Battery - the battery is not installed.

Battery was working perfectly prior to recovering my OS after a failed graphics update.

Question is, can a battery get damaged during a recovery or a diagnostic process?

Supposing my battery works on another unit, will this mean that my Inspiron 7737 battery "reader" is fried?

Any solution to reset the "reader". Tried a recovery which fixed a no audio issue but battery is still not detected. Thx

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.

Also, I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS and check for issue resolution. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.
  2. When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.
  3. On the System Setup screen, press the key.
  4. Press the key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

It should be a mere coincidence that battery malfunctioned due to the video card.

36 Posts

August 10th, 2015 11:00

Hi Ravi,

before reading your post, I opened the laptop and removed the CMOS battery. Leaving the CMOS battery outside, I recovered my system using an ISO backup. Battery is now working.

My next objective is to update, from a DOS environment, my NVIDIA driver to 353.52 & BIOS to version A13 (currently running A4).

I've setup a bootable 4GB USB key using RUFUS --> MBR Partition scheme for BIOS & UEFI / FAT32/ Create bootable disk using FreeDOS. I copied the two drivers in its root.

But it doesn't work. Upon reboot, I just get back to Windows. I already unchecked Enable fastboot and also enabled USB debug. Still no dice...

I know it's not a boot order issue because I also created a bootable WIN10 installation using the Media Creation TOOL and this one boots fine. So the variable here is RUFUS which doesn't seem to be effective under my system.

In UEFI settings, I disabled secured boot and enabled Legacy. T

Tested the key on another laptop (not DELL) and it does work.

Is there a verified way to load  a bootable USB key into DOS? Since so many posters are having trouble with their F2 & F12 keys, is there a plan in the works to facilitate access to BIOS DOS?

thx!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 12th, 2015 19:00

Hi,

Dell recommends you to update the BIOS to the latest which would fix if there are any bugs.

Also, please check if the bootable USB works on a different system.

36 Posts

August 13th, 2015 04:00

Ok thx Ravi, I updated BIOS to latest version 7737A13.

In your opinion, what is the easiest way to switch BIOS mode from Legacy back to EFI.

The only way I found so far is disassembling my laptop and removing the CMOS battery.

There's gotta be an easier way... right? :emotion-36:

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 15th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

Please boot into the BIOS and enable or disable the UEFI mode on the system. Please let us know if the status of the battery is good.

36 Posts

August 16th, 2015 07:00

Yes, I can confirm battery is working perfectly now. Battery status is healthy. 

The last question is since my OS is Windows 8,1 EFI, is it possible to update drivers from Legacy Mode or do I absolutely need to do it from EFI mode? 

Thx! 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 18th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

If the Operating System is loading from UEFI mode. The system will not boot from legacy mode and you will not be able to install drivers in legacy mode.

No Events found!