Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 5th, 2013 12:00

Base System Device Driver

I had some major stability issues problems with my XPS Studio 1645 and had to reinstall Windows 7.  Everything is great now except I'm still missing one driver for a Base System Device.

If I check the system hardware status Windows will search and "find a solution" which then prompts me to download and install a driver for the memory card reader but when I do so, nothing actually happens.  I reboot and the problem is still there.  I have tried to manually install the chipset driver as I've found some info online suggesting that this might be the problem but to no avail.

Thanks.

4 Posts

July 5th, 2013 16:00

I found the correct driver, it's R227769:

www.dell.com/.../driverdetails

July 5th, 2013 12:00

Hi jerehall,

As you have re-installed the operating system, I would suggest you to download/install the drivers from Here -> Enter the service tag of your system ->  Select the operating system -> Install the drivers in correct order as given Here.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps below to find Hardware Id of the device with missing driver and share it here. 

• Open Device Manager
  • Expand Other Devices and right click the device with missing driver 
  • Click on Properties -> Details -> Hardware Id and share it here.

Please reply with the findings. Will take it further.

4 Posts

July 5th, 2013 13:00

I've installed the drivers in order but this problem is still persisting.  Here is what was listed for the Hardware ID:

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&SUBSYS_02FE1028&REV_01

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&SUBSYS_02FE1028

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&CC_088000

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_E230&CC_0880

I believe these match up to the memory card reader which is what windows identified as the problem to begin with but I've installed the Ricoh Card Reader driver multiple times.  Each time it downloads and installs but when I restart, I still have the same issue.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 5th, 2013 14:00

4 Posts

July 5th, 2013 16:00

Did not fix the problem, still showing Base System Device missing a driver.

July 8th, 2013 16:00

Hi jerehall,

Thank you for sharing the resolution. I Appreciate your technical expertise.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

No Events found!