Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 9th, 2013 05:00

Bios Update failed

Hi, Today I opened my inspiron N5010 the fan was very loud so I updated the bios and when I was updating it my stupid brother (5 years old) removed the AC Charger and I have no battery so my laptop is died now

Note  (Warranty expired)

Any help please

I have work to do because I'm a website designer  :(

Thank all I fixed it, I will give you the solution, Follow me Please

First Download the BIOS From the dell website, NOTE: the provided link is for N5010 Bios

ftp.us.dell.com/.../N5010A10.EXE

drag and drop to a CMD window hit space 1 time and type /writeromfile

repeat with /writehdrfile so it says

N5010A10.EXE /writehdrfile

rename n5010a10.hdr to N5010.HDR (per Phoenix Mod tool recovery filename) and put in usb fat32 stick. (i use sandisk cruzer 8gb and works on my inspiron 1520)

walah! files are written

or heres the A10 version

N5010.HDR www.mediafire.com

now the recovery method is tricky.

usually i can read the proper file name but in this one its not found. (Phoenix Mod tool found it N5010.HDR)

usualy if u save the hdr in usb FAT32 and take battery out and power.

plug in usb to rear or sides (try all)

hold the END key and plug in power cord.

(sometimes have to hold power button and END key)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The BIOS chip can be reflashed externally - you'll need a shop that can unsolder it, flash it and resolder it.  It'll cost about $150 in the US to have this done - less than a mainboard replacement.

3.3K Posts

Hi Omar Mohamed,

We need to replace the mptherboard on the computer. As you said that the computer is out of warranty, contact expired warranty services for compatible part replacement (USA based):

http://dell.to/4LOBWi

Awaiting your response!

That's a good idea (ejn63)

Fine, no other solution like replacing bios chip ?

ok  Saharsh K so, no bios chip replacement ?

1.5K Posts

Hi Omar,

Delighted to know that the issue is fixed. I appreciate you technical expertise and thank you for sharing the resolution with us.

Do reach out if you need any assistance in future, I'll be glad to assist.

1.5K Posts

Hi Omar,

I can understand that it can be very annoying when the system is not working when we need it to work.

Connect the AC Adapter to power socket and check if the light on it comes on. If yes, connect it to the system and try powering it on. If there is no light on the AC Adapter it indicates that it might have gone bad. Please try using an alternate good known AC adapter and check.

If the system still does not powers on, hardware replacement may be required. If you are in the USA, you may contact our Spare Parts and Accessories dept on 1-800-357-3355. Please  refer to the link for more information http://dell.to/YYkrcU.

If you are in a different region, Go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA select the country/region from the top, scroll down and click on 'Contact Dell Sales' to get the contact information.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

May 9th, 2013 07:00

You are welcome any time sir Saharsh K

But

Is this a violation of the laws

The Solution i wrote ?

1.5K Posts

May 9th, 2013 08:00

Hi Omar,

As per my knowledge it should not violate any law. Usually, mod tools are used to modify system BIOS, which means altering factory settings. Any issues caused by using mod BIOS may not be covered under warranty.

Please reply if you have any questions.

May 9th, 2013 12:00

yeah yeah, It's like a bios recovery method, all right sparky that's all

and thank you for everything you say thanks alot.

May 9th, 2013 12:00

Now i fixed my inspiron n5010 then i updated my bios version from A10 to A15 without my stupid brother Sitting Beside me

Hahahaha :D

1.5K Posts

May 10th, 2013 07:00

Hi Omar,

I'm glad that everything is sorted. Let me know if you need any assistance.

1 Message

April 6th, 2017 06:00

thanks a lot now your looks like a god for me very very thanks its works at the first attempt

No Events found!