Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

December 10th, 2008 13:00

Bluetooth 360 module 2.1 software problem -- "The Request is Not Supported"

My internal Dell Bluetooth 360 module has gone whacko. The software gives an error message when my Lattitude D630 boots, and again if I try to run the Bluetooth Settings program manually. There is a popup window that say "The Request is Not Supported", a loud beep, and then the program closes when you click OK. I have a coworker with a similar problem. I've tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, and rebooting until I don't know if I'm logging in or our anymore.

I've tried the bluetooth stack that came with the 360 bluetooth 2.0 to 2.1 upgrade as well as the latest stacks downloaded from Toshiba.

I was able to uninstall the "current" stack, install the stack downloaded from DLink for the DBT-120, and get it (the DBT-120, that is) to work, but then I get the "this software has expired after a 30 day evaluation" popup and program shutdown if I switch on the internal Bluetooth card.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Does anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks for your help!

Joe

4 Posts

December 19th, 2008 09:00

Well, I have played and played and played.

I have found that I can get the Dell 360 bluetooth 2.0 stack to load and run but it gives me a "30 day trial period" notice.

I also played with drivers on the Toshiba downloads website http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/askIris.jsp.

I found that all of the version 6.10.x drivers lead to the "not supported" abortion, but that the newest 5.10.x driver installs properly, and runs, with a useable, non-30 day expiring bluetooth stack.

I had to run the 5.10.x install program twice -- first to remove the existing stack second to install the 5.10.x stack. I updated the individual bluetooth drivers to the newest versions manually in device manager.

The only downside is that the stack is not 2.1 compatible. But that isn't a big deal with me, so I will leave things as they are.

It appears that whatever the bluetooth 2..1 flash did, it things up bigtime for me.

Thanks for the help Dell employees! Or lack thereof.

Merry Christmas,

Joe

No Events found!