Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2018 21:00

Bluetooth Audio Dell Studio XPS 1647

I purchased a CSR Dongle added it and bluetooth picks up and finds my bluetooth earbud, and adds it to the devices and printers area as Hotgo-H1. So its listed and found it, so I would assume my bluetooth dongle is working because if found it and added it. So when I right click on the speaker and select playback devices, there is no choice there to select my bluetooth little speaker. So how would I get the computer to list my device so I can make it my default audio output? I have read alot of forums and my driver is says is up to date and is newer than one I tried putting in as I thought I needed a new driver.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

The first place to check is the Settings-Devices-Bluetooth.  If the device is already showing, it may show as "Paired".

If it only shows as Paired then it should show up in playback devices as Disconnected.  If it is not showing up in the Playback UI, you may want to remove the device in Settings and repair it.

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices you can check?  Different devices can behave differently and perhaps not connect automatically or need special attention to get them connected.

When you get a chance, let us know exactly what you see as far as the device and what happens, including tones, when you try to connect to it.

5 Posts

How do I get to Settings-Devices-Bluetooth?

5 Posts

Windows 7 I have

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 4th, 2018 05:00

You should have a Bluetooth icon in the hidden items on the Taskbar.  Try left clicking that icon and go to show devices or add device.  While there, check the Settings to see what boxes are checked.  

5 Posts

January 4th, 2018 16:00

I can do what you said and the device shows up there, it looks just about the same as it being listed in the printers and devices area except it is alone in this one. I can disable it, troubleshoot it or properties, troubleshooting says it cant find anything wrong and properties dont do anything. I can nly get sound out of regular speakers. There is no wat to SELECT the hotgo-H1 bluetooth headset.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 4th, 2018 21:00

I just connected a BT headset and it was showing in the Devices and Printers but not playing music, the speakers were still active.

I double clicked the device and got a window which asked if I wanted to play music or forward VOIP calls.  When I selected play music, the output switched to the headset.

No Events found!