Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2013 15:00

Bluetooth/wireless not working on N5110 Dell Inspiron.

I recently sent this laptop back to get the harddrive replaced due to it crashing. Upon returning it, my wireless/bluetooth would not allow me to receive wireless connections. I tried installing/updating the software for the drivers and for the bluetooth and when I attempt to install it, it asks that I switch on the bluetooth. When I press Fn + F2 it says it's enabled; however, it still does not work and the message pops up again. I have no problems connecting through the ethernet port and before I sent the laptop back to get the harddrive replaced the wireless worked absolutely fine. Any ideas? I can post the CMD ipconfig /all if needed.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

January 25th, 2013 21:00

Hi  MattHof,

Welcome to the Community,

After you press Fn F2 to enable wireless does the Wifi LED(4th from the left) in the front of the system stay lit?After enabling wireless check in Windows Mobility Center(Control Panel) if the Wireless shows Turned On.

Also check if the wireless card is getting detected within Windows.To check go to Device Manager(Control Panel,System,Hardware),if the wireless card drivers is installed it will list the wireless card under Network Adapters(expand) and if wireless card driver is not installed it will be listed under Other Devices as Network Controller.

For further help please post back your findings along with the Windows version and type of wireless card installed on your system.

Thank You

No Events found!