Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2013 11:00

Brightness Control on Inspiron 14R(N4110)

Hi,

I have a problem in my Dell Inspiron 14R(N4110) model laptop. In this laptop I am not able to change brightness with function(f4 or f5) keys. Please let me know how to change brightness?

Regards,

Raju

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 25th, 2013 15:00

Hi Raju,

I would suggest you to install the Dell Quickset Application on your system so that you can adjust the LCD brightness on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the Dell Quickset application from Application section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Please let me know if this helps.

5 Posts

August 25th, 2013 20:00

Hi Ravi,

I have installed Dell Quickset Application whatever you suggested but it is not working properly. While I am changing brightness with Function keys it is changing only one point.Could you please look into this problem?

Regards,

Raju

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 27th, 2013 07:00

Hi Raju,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS, chipset and then quickset driver on the system in sequence for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section, chipset from chipset section and Dell Quickset application from Application section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

In Addition, I would advise you to open ‘Power options’ screen and adjust the screen brightness at the bottom of the screen to check if it works.

Please let me know if this helps.

5 Posts

August 28th, 2013 07:00

Hello  Ravi Chandra,

I have done whatever you suggested to update(BIOS,CHIPSET&Quickset) but no changes in the problem. And also checked "Power Options" but i have not seen any brightness adjustments in that.

I have checked device manager, In that 'Other Device' section below two things are showing in yellow mark.

1.PCI Simple Communication Controller

2.SM Bus Controller

Please give me reply as soon as possible.

regards,

Raju

Ph:

5 Posts

August 28th, 2013 10:00

Hi Ravi,

Issue is resolved.Now i am able to change brightness.I have installed all drivers of N4110 including quickset application and lastly  i have installed "Video_Intel_W74_A02_Setup-WP8X9_ZPE"  after updating this VGA drivers its working fine.

regards,

Raju

No Events found!