Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2017 08:00

Broadcom USH Driver missing

I have a Dell E7440 Latitude that have a driver problem with the Broadcom USH device.

The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit.  Any help would be appreciated. Let me know how to uninstall the previous version, i couldn't find it anywhere.

i have tried installing the driver from dell support site using the below exe, but it is getting interrupted.

Security_Driver_HGX2G_WN64_3.4.8.14_A20.EXE

Log Details:

Property(C): IS_COMPLUS_PROGRESSTEXT_COST = Costing COM+ application: [1]
Property(C): IS_COMPLUS_PROGRESSTEXT_INSTALL = Installing COM+ application: [1]
Property(C): IS_COMPLUS_PROGRESSTEXT_UNINSTALL = Uninstalling COM+ application: [1]
Property(C): IS_PREVENT_DOWNGRADE_EXIT = A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer. If you wish to install this version, please uninstall the newer version first. Click OK to exit the wizard.
Property(C): IS_PROGMSG_TEXTFILECHANGS_REPLACE = Replacing %s with %s in %s...
Property(C): IS_PROGMSG_XML_COSTING = Costing XML files...
Property(C): IS_PROGMSG_XML_CREATE_FILE = Creating XML file %s...

9.4K Posts

September 22nd, 2017 10:00

Hi alexjohnbritto, 

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information you may find helpful:

http://dell.to/2wMJGXS

http://dell.to/2wM00rP

September 23rd, 2017 07:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response.

The link you have provided is for Win 7 OS, my laptop is on Win 10 Enterprise 64 bit.

Also the link doesn't have any details on Broadcom USH driver.

Please suggest something else.

The error i have posted above is while installing the Dell ControlVault Driver downloaded from this link http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=HGX2G&fileId=3582534905&osCode=WT64A&productCode=latitude-e7440-ultrabook&languageCode=en&categoryId=SY

Thanks!

Alex

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

September 24th, 2017 18:00

The Broadcom USH is the fingerprint reader, as far as I know, and I don't think there are any Win10 drivers for it because Win10 includes native support for fingerprint readers -- just as there are Win7 drivers for USB 3.0 and NVMe SSDs but not Win10 drivers because Win10 supports those technologies natively as well. How did the driver you're trying to install get there in the first place?  Did you deploy the system via SCCM or something?

September 25th, 2017 02:00

Thanks for your response, sorry for the confusion here.

Let me clarify, i have replaced smart card reader slot in my Dell Latitude E7440 by DELL support person.

But still it is not reading any smart card and i do not see the smart card driver showing up in the Device Manager as well. I hope i need to install a driver for it. Can you please help me with it.

9.4K Posts

September 25th, 2017 05:00

So, when the "Dell Support Person" reinstalled the card reader, why didn't they install the driver and test to see if it was working prior to giving the computer back to you? 

Did you send this to the Depot for repairs, or did you take it somewhere? 

Are you in the USA?

No Events found!