Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

June 25th, 2004 14:00

C400 Video Driver

I just reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP and  now I can't increase my screen resolution past 640X480.  The video controller in device manager has the yellow exclamation point and it says the driver isn't loaded.  I bought the computer used so don't have the drivers and utilities CD and have looked all over support.dell.com and the net and can't find anything.  Any advice?

563 Posts

June 25th, 2004 15:00

Hello mandym,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

All of your drivers are located on your support page,

under Downloads, just choose your system or insert your svc tag at the prompt. The Lat C400 has the Intel 830m graphics chipset for your video. Hope that this helps you.

Thanks,

Message Edited by DELL-MikeB on 06-25-2004 11:35 AM

June 29th, 2004 19:00

Hi, I just bought a refurbished Dell Latitude C400, and reformatted the hard drive. Whenever I install the video driver, I cannot boot my computer into 'normal' mode. It shows the OS loading screen, but after that the screen goes black and does not respond. I can boot into safe mode, remove the driver, and it will load up perfectly in 'normal' mode.

Has anyone else come across this issue? If so, how was it resolved?

-Kristine

Message Edited by erisfreenici on 06-29-2004 03:47 PM

June 30th, 2004 14:00

I would also like to mention that the Operating System is Windows 2000, and the driver used is the Intel Graphics Extreme available from the support site.

563 Posts

June 30th, 2004 15:00

Hello erisfreenici,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

Did you have this problem before you reinstalled Win2k? Also try installing the  Intel chipset driver before installing your video driver.

Thanks,

Thanks for your reply.

We did not have this problem before reinstalling Windows 2000, but since my campus has a Microsoft Student Select agreement, I can get Windows XP at a discount. We tried to install Windows XP, and it worked fine until I installed the video driver. Everytime it booted after that, it would say it was recovering from a hardware error. So, we tried reinstalling Windows 2000, and we started

We did install the Intel Chipset Driver before installing the Video Driver in each case. We also tried installing the video driver before doing the chipset, but got the same results.

Message Edited by erisfreenici on 06-30-2004 11:40 AM

563 Posts

Hello erisfreenici,

I have to agree with you ,your video card maybe bad. Do you have the latest Bios Flash? If so I suggest to get your video card replaced.

Thanks,

1 Message

October 18th, 2012 07:00

can you send me the links for these drivers. I can't seem to find them on dell. I have c400 operating on Windows XP Pro.

1.8K Posts

October 18th, 2012 08:00

Hi Casey, 

Could you please let me know the issue that you are facing with computer. 

You can download the video driver and BIOS from the links below: 

Link to download video driver: http://dell.to/Qwl7Ts 

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download file' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
  • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
  • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
  • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. Next is Installation.
  • To start installation, Click Open folder. Double click on the driver and follow the prompts on screen to complete the installation.  

Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:-

• Battery should have 10% or greater charge
  • Adapter should be connected
  • No external devices should be connected.
  • All other programs should be closed and documents saved. 

Link to download BIOS: http://dell.to/R2lHcZ 

Please reply in case you have further questions.

No Events found!