Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2010 18:00

Can Anyone help?!?!?!

I have a Studio 15 Laptop. I have had it for a few years now and recently, of course after the expiration of my warrenty, the dvd player has stopped working. It can read audio cds no problem but it cannot or wont play DVDS....i am about ready to throw this computer out a window. It registers there is something in the player because i can still eject it. It also trys its hardest to try and read it....its like it trys and then gives up cause its too hard or something. Also i noticed when i click on dell media direct to see if it registers the dvd it says it can not even detect the dvd drive.....however windows media player does register a device, just not the dvd....i have tried download updates from dell but they havent worked....i know these studio laptops have ALOT of issues im just wondering if anyone has had this problem and has had it resolved and if so....can i know your secret. I am at my wits end with this dvd player and all i want to do is watch a movie.

thanks! -melissa 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 27th, 2010 18:00

If it'll read CDs but not DVDs, the DVD laser is faulty.  The drive is easily and inexpensively replaced:
http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=5506

No Events found!