Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

January 8th, 2009 12:00

Cannot Shut Down Studio 1525

I just purchased my laptop 4 months ago and now it will not shut down...only sleep or hibernate. I sometimes just let the battery

run out, but this is likely not good.

Any ideas?

1 Message

January 9th, 2009 04:00

same problem.......bt it normally happens after my laptop gets heated up after playing the computer game. I have to switch it off by the shut down button....again restart it....and then it normally shuts down. I have removed the game from my laptop and 'll check for a day or two..if the problem persists then 'll have to call the service centre.

Forcefully shutting down the laptop may create problems for the hard disc. So, it is not advicable to do that repeatedly.

1 Message

March 31st, 2009 16:00

Not sure what a Studio 1525 is but may be same as my UK version Inspiron 1525 laptop with Vista.

On mine, ever since new, every time shutdown is pressed, from whichever place you can do this, it restarts the machine. But upon doing it again immediately from the login/password page it does shutdown. Any cure?

Sounds like something that is loaded later in start-up that causes the restart. How do I identify it?

No Events found!