Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

July 30th, 2007 02:00

Charger not taking power?

A while back the AC Power Adapter for my Inspiron 6000 went south so I bought a new one. This was in April. More recently, I had taken my laptop with me out of town, and when I returned home and went to plug in the charger, it appeared to not be getting any power. That is to say, the green indicator light wasn't turning on at all. Anyone know why this could be or have any suggestions? Thanks, much appreciated.

3 Posts

July 31st, 2007 02:00

I don't have an answer--I'm here to commiserate. The same thing happened to me today and I've had to run around trying to get another adapter. My Dell adapter was new in March and it has already expired. To add insult to injury, I find that the Kensington universal adapter won't charge the laptop, only maintain it and not very well at that. Hope someone can answer this. Betty

143 Posts

July 31st, 2007 09:00

If the AC adaper light is not lit then the AC adapter has gone bad and need to replace, this is common with AC adapters...

2 Posts

July 31st, 2007 18:00

No green light on my Dell Inspiron 1300 adapter either. No battery power. Black scrren, no power to my laptop. Do I need a new adapter AND battery, or should I try just an adapter first? Thanks.

143 Posts

August 1st, 2007 02:00

Try adapter first

2 Posts

August 1st, 2007 11:00

I'll do that. Thank you.
No Events found!