Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2016 08:00

Charging LED blinking but no boot

I have a dell inspiron 15 3521 touch screen laptop last night that was working fine and I shuted it down properly and keeped plugged in for charging but in the morning it wont boot only charging LED is blinking and sometimes it goes orange sometime white but when I plugged a mobile phone into USB for checking mother board supply it indicates charging in my phone but sometimes it boot and power on after5-10 seconds it turn off what is the problem I can't understand please help me

2K Posts

July 4th, 2016 15:00

Hi ANKUR.OPENDRA,

Please check if there is any damage on the machine. Check if all the ports on the machine are fine or misaligned. Sometimes if the pins in the USB ports are touching each other, they are known to cause many issues on the machine.

Are you using an original Dell Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible? Does the adapter led stay on and stable or does it go off when connected to the system?

Disconnect all external components - Turn off the system - press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - see if you encounter any errors or check if the system turns off automatically while on the diags - test this step with and without the adapter connected.

Download the service manual - http://dell.to/20ZyccH- reseat the memory modules / HDD and check if the system powers on.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

July 5th, 2016 12:00

Sir,

At the night of 3rd July I used my laptop at night till 3am and keep it suited down and charger was plugged in. When I was woke up in the morning I see that my laptop won't turn on and what I'm seeing that Battery indicator LED is blinking with orange and Wi-Fi notifications also blinking when the charger was plugged I plugged out my charger then I tried to switch it on but no boot then I removed battery and charger and Press and hold the power button for 30 second then I plugged my charger still there no boot. I replaced the charger to check and reset the ram cmos battery but no boot afterwards I decided to repair it I opened whole laptop and keep it in the sunlight for two yesterday that time it goes on and I used it today's whole night for watching movies and internet but I don't plug my Battery only I was working on an adapter at the night when I was going to sleep that time I plugged battery and keep charging then I shuted it down and keep it. And Now in morning I watched YouTube for hour and I goes out for a time and when I came back the same problem was there no boot Battery led blinking with wifi led sir plz help me

Opendra Singh Ankur

<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

2K Posts

July 9th, 2016 05:00

Hi ANKUR.OPENDRA,

Thank you for the update.

Apologies for delay in response as our site was under maintenance.

Well, why was there a need to open the system and expose it to sunlight? Was there any liquid spillage on the system? 

Based on your description, I suppose the system works fine without the battery - only with the adapter plugged in for a while and when you put the battery back, the system would not power up normally.

I suppose the battery may have reached the end of its durable life. Hence, it might be causing the issue. Please restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - Check the battery health in BIOS.

Remove the battery from the system and use the system without the battery for a couple of days and check if the system works fine on every instance you power on the machine.

Also, check the system with another battery. You could take the system to a local store and they could help check with another Dell OEM battery and if it works fine, then you could replace the battery if required.

Also, you could contact our team to get a quote for a new battery here - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!