Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2010 03:00

Check this out

I called Dell because a certain part of my windows media palyer had not been working sine I received the laptop. Dell transfered me to 5 or 6 different departments then advised me that it\'s a software issue and becasue I didnt get a software warranty (on my 2 mth old laptob) that I would have to purchase a warranty before they could help me. I adv them that this problem existed since I received the laptop but I had not had time to sit down and figure it out. I could barely understand the rep and i asked to be transfered to someone on the U.S. They transfered me to a rep in the U.S. who adv me that speaking to a rep in the U.S. is a \"Premium Service\" and that I would have to pay $339.00 if i wanted this service. Which would include 4 Hardware and 4 software services.. Are you kidding me!!! I asked her isn\'t Dell an american company... I mean I have nothing against people from outside the United States. My family is from overseas, but I could barely understand th
ier reps.. Never ever ever ever buy a Dell. I will shoout it from the mountain top.. This is 1 amongst many other problems

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 6th, 2010 08:00

If you can find any other major vendor that supplies US-based support without added cost, go for it - Apple does -- but for 90 days only.  After that you do what Dell has told you -- pay per incident (including for speaking to a "Genius" at a Mac store.

No Events found!