Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 11th, 2015 09:00

Clean isntall of preinstalled Windows 8

Hello,

I have purchased dell Inspiron 3520 in 2012 which came with preinstalled win 8(which I later upgraded to 8.1). Dell provided me with win 8 DVD but my laptop for some reason cant read the DVD. So i created a bootable USB from the DVD from another machine where the DVD could be read. Now when I am trying to install it from the bootable usb, it is showing me the error : 

"the product key entered does not match any of the windows images available for installation"

I tried using the solution by using PID.txt as given in Microsoft's forum.:answers.microsoft.com/.../47e6f575-5792-404b-9b7f-2065bdb91011

I extracted the product key by using Belarc to add it to the value of PID. Still it didn't work and is showing the same message.

Any help will be welcome. Thanks.

the product key entered does not match any of the windows images available for installation dell

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

September 11th, 2015 15:00

If I understood your post correctly you used a Windows 8 DVD to create bootable media to install over Windows 8.1.  If this is correct you should try using Windows 8.1 media. Please look here for instructions. I am going to send you a friend message,  so If you are in the US or Canada and continue to have problems you can contact me directly for further assistance.

TB

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 13th, 2015 11:00

See here to download a Windows 8.1 .iso and to make a Bootable USB suitable for a UEFI BIOS with SecureBoot Enabled:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-8-1-retail-and-oem-iso/

Take care with Editions under no circumstance use a PID file. If the Bootable USB you make asks for a product key you have selected the wrong Edition.

3 Posts

September 11th, 2015 15:00

Hello Terry. Thank you for replying. Yes after my post I did a bit more research and came across Windows 8.1 media. Currently  it is downloading. I will keep you posted once I have tried it. Hope this solves my problem.

No, unfortunately I dont reside in US or Canada . I bought the machine back when I was in US.

3 Posts

September 13th, 2015 14:00

Thank you Philip. Yes I already did the clean reinstall. Didn't have much  time yesterday  so couldn't come here and update you guys.

Thanks again Terry and Philip.

Best wishes,

Srijan.

No Events found!