Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 13th, 2011 03:00

Common problems of Dell Laptops.VERY ANNOYING.

Bought 2 Dell Inspiron 15R  (N5110). Have the following problems :

1)Computer will crash when left idling and need to force shut down using power key.

2)Computer will crash when under sleep mode and left idling and need to force shut down using power key

3)Suddenly there will be no sound and need to reboot(Sound driver crashed i assume)

4)Sometimes during boot up, the screen will be totally black but lap top is processing and will reach windows.Need to force shut down a few times or plug in external monitor to solve the problem

I have updated ALL drivers and software to the latest version.Comp is free of malware and viruses. And comp is only a few months old.I use to be a avid Dell supporter, but their products are getting worse and worse as time goes by. 

ALL MY FRIENDS I RECOMMENDED TO ARE COMPLAINING. 

Is there a solution for this ?

October 20th, 2011 23:00

Hi, try a full Windows Restore with the disk, all the issues seems to be related to software, first format all the partitions on the Windows setup before installing it, then install the proper drivers from support.dell.com and if still the same issue the system must be checked  by a dell certified tech. Regards

1 Message

October 13th, 2012 14:00

sometimes my laptone shows realtek or files dumping

2 Posts

May 5th, 2014 16:00

I have had the same problem with a 17R SE - no answers from Dell, except reinstall Windows.
No Events found!