Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2016 18:00

Computer inoperable due to technicians mishandling.

I would like to take up a matter with Dell Australia or Dell International as Dell Australia do not have a Complaints Department.
I purchased a Dell Laptop Computer Inspiron 15, 7568, Model: AGW111DELL on line on 5th November 2015 believing Dell had a reputable name.(I have my three other computers also from Dell and haven't had a problem with them. They are operating as computers should. I purposely purchased a 256 GB SSD computer as I believed that it would be superior to the HDD models. 
I gave this computer to my daughter who is studying International Baccalaureate this year. 
Not even a year has passed and the computer started to give trouble. We contacted Dell, who promptly sent a representative home to fix the problem. Now, I believe the person who arrived has been sub contracted by Dell and I believe he works for Fujitsu. Anyway, he wasn't able to resolve the issue with the computer and was requested by Dell in Sydney (so I was told) to send the computer to them via Post. 
In good faith, I believed that they would resolve the issue we faced. The computer had no outside damage or damage to the screen when it was posted. However, the technicians from Sydney, who I believed were Dell technicians, claimed that the computer was damaged and also sent pics re the same claiming that the computer was cracked when it arrived and they even sent pics of the same. 
Now, the technician who came to my residence, would have most definitely seen the damage and reported the same to his superiors but this was not the case. (By the way he is willing to verify the above.) 
My main concerns are:
Why are such incompetent persons employed by Dell Australia?
Why do they destroy property if they cannot resolve the issue they face with the product?
When and how will Dell Australia  or Dell (as I cannot find a contact for Dell Australia) resolve this?
Could Dell International resolve this issue? or Do I go to the press re the above.
Yours sincerely,
Errol Lobo.
No Responses!
No Events found!