Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

E

2 Posts

June 12th, 2008 03:00

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB Issue

Ok this problem is a bit different than the other problems that people have with the creative sound blaster advanced MB.

My problem is that I have just reformated my computer, this being about the 6th time so far. I have already dealt with creative before on the activation code and such so theres no problem there. But, after reformatting my computer and trying to install my drivers for my sound blaster MB it says that there is no such device on my computer and installation will shut down.

I don't understand how I could have this on my computer about 2 hours ago before the reformat and all the sudden it tells me that there is no such device and that I can't install the drivers.

I have tried to intall from the CD that I received with my computer when I first purchased it as well as going onto the Dell.com website putting in my service code and downloading the drivers from online.

Neither work and it makes no sense to me. I am a decently tech savvy guy, so I don't believe that it is my ignorance that is causing this.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my computer and OS.

Dell E1705

Windows Media Center 2005

Message Edited by Ekwonomics on 06-11-2008 10:02 PM

June 12th, 2008 04:00

Ok I solved the problem. I didn't realize you had to install the onboad sound drivers first then the creative audigy drivers. my mistake.

3.6K Posts

December 1st, 2008 21:00

45 Posts

December 1st, 2008 21:00

Do you know where I can get the drivers for Vista 64-bit? I upgraded to it but I can't find the drivers anywhere. I have and Xps M1530

Thanks,

Marcos

45 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 05:00

Thanks, I had been looking for them and didn't know where to get them from.

Thanks,

Marcos

3.6K Posts

December 2nd, 2008 05:00

No problem.

10 Posts

December 13th, 2008 04:00

I also have a problem when trying to install Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB after reinstalling the OS from the DVD. I have a Studio 1535 with Vista 64 bit. When I try to install sound blaster from the CD it says there are no audio drivers and quits the install. Dell tech support has worked over 6 hours on this problem and to me that this software does not work with Vista 64 bit. I find it hard to believe that Dell would sell software that doesn't work on their product. Anyway if you paid the additional $25 for this upgrade guess what - you got ripped off by Dell.

3.6K Posts

December 13th, 2008 09:00

No,you did not get ripped off.The software upgrade,for some reason,is incompatable with the audio on the new studio line notebooks.I came across a post two days ago with this problem and as of right now,there is no solution to the incompatability.The user contacted creative and found out there is no solution,they said contact dell to return software.And of course you can't return software that has been opened already,but when you purchase the upgrade it is pre-installed on the system,so this should not be a problem.I do not know why dell is offering this upgrade anymore with the studio line?...Maybe because the incompatability problem has not gone high enough up the chain?...

Anyway,call dell up and see if you can return the disk and get your money back.

10 Posts

December 13th, 2008 13:00

yes I did get ripped off because Dell so far has refused to issue a refund and I no longer have the factory image on the laptop and am unable to install the software. You are also unable to do a factory restore using the f8 fuction. It is not available on the Studio 15 with Vista 64 bit.

7 Posts

February 26th, 2009 17:00

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but if you bothered to read a few posts above yours the answer is right there.  Creative offers 64 bit Vista drivers for free on their site.  I just downloaded them.  I know this post is fairly old but I was searching the Dell forums for help, and I found this one.  I did read the whole thing, and there is an answer.  Read before you post.

7 Posts

March 5th, 2009 07:00

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but if you bothered to read a few posts above yours the answer is right there.  Creative offers 64 bit Vista drivers for free on their site.  I just downloaded them.  I know this post is fairly old but I was searching the Dell forums for help, and I found this one.  I did read the whole thing, and there is an answer.  Read before you post.

so i guess you don't read very well, audigy advanced mb is a software application, not a piece of hardware that requires drivers.  those drivers on creatives site are for soundcards they make, these dell laptops that use the audigy advanced mb mostly have sigmatel HD audio hardware, thus needed those drivers.  you need the drivers installed first, then u can install the audigy advanced mb, but not on windows 7.  also, don't ever expect that to work on windows 7, since sigmtel was bought out, and last month the entire division was let go

10 Posts

March 5th, 2009 15:00

I read very well. If you would have read what I stated is that Dell tech support tried to install the  software from the CD that came with the laptop. They also downloaded the software from Creative's site. Each time the software fails to install stating that it can not found any drivers. I figure since I can play mp3's and device manager shows no problems with any of the drivers, I must have audio drivers installed. Dell Tech Support after working for over a total of 8 hours came to the conclusion that Audigy Advanced MB does not work with Vista 64 bit. They are on people who tell me I deserve a refund for the software. I figure I am owed a refund or Dell should make the software work. They are unwilling or unable to do either.

7 Posts

March 6th, 2009 05:00

sorry rajphrj, i'm in agreement with you, it was the post before mine that i was in disagreement with, poorlyboy or whatever his name is.  he was trying to tell u the vista x64 drivers were provided, but this isn't a driver issue, since this is a software application.  you are correct, it doesn't support x64, who knows why, and u deserve a refund, or maybe a free upgrade to X-FI MB if that supports x64, thats what i'm looking into right now

7 Posts

March 6th, 2009 10:00

Well, I was not going to say anything and just leave things be but since your both talking about me I might as well say something.  I have been looking into this and yes, the drivers do support Vista 64 bit, however there is a very specific way they must be installed and it is more than just the audio drivers.  In order to get them to work properly you would have to do a complete reinstall of Windows, then install the Dell provided drivers in a specific order.  The drivers you need are also not all listed on the support page for the XPSM1530 with Vista 64 bit installed.  You actually need to download the Dell Utility Notebook System software (which is only supposed to be for the 32 bit version but actually works on both), which only shows up if you view all downloads for the 1530.  Then you need to install the chipset drivers, then the Sigmatel Audio drivers and then software from creatives site.  Make sure you download the one that is marked as compatible with Vista 64 Bit (it says it in big bold letters right on Creatives site).  Then, it is supposed to work properly.  If you did not do things in that specific order then the Creative drivers will not work.  It will not recognize the audio card built into your system and will not install the drivers.  I have not bothered doing this because frankly it took me an entire day the last time I reinstalled windows and I do not want to do that again for some time.  If any of you want to try it and see if that really works, please do.  I found that by looking around at many many many different web forums and spending a good chunk of time researching this.  There is a download (in the posts above) that goes to Creatives page for the drivers.  The Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB is the same thing as the Creative Audigy Advanced Software Editiion, they just changed the name for Dell apparently.

7 Posts

March 17th, 2009 07:00

well, that simply didn't work, throught i would try it, and nope, doesn't work.  and to even have to go through this rediculous method is absurd to begin with

7 Posts

March 17th, 2009 08:00

Well, I might try it myself.  My computer has been doing strange things lately anyway and I might just reinstall Windows anyway.  That is the only way that I found, after looking at many many forums and articles that actually worked for some people.  I also did find the Notebook System Software that is supposed to be for the 64 bit version of windows.  It has to be able to work, I have seen it on laptops with 64 bit windows.  I even tried updating my chipset drivers and all that did was give me more problems.  If I can get it to work I will let you guys know exactly what I did.

No Events found!