Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2017 11:00

DELL Inspiron 5567 bouting automaticaly into diagnostics mode

Hi there,

I have recently purchased a DELL Inspiron 5567 for a coleague. I have installed Windows 10 on it and setup boot in BIOS as legacy. The problem is that whenever I power on the notebook it goes into diagnostics mode. If I let it run the diagnostics it reboots at the and and it starts over. If I use the F12 key to access the boot menu, i can direct it to boot the operating system. If I just let it start by itself, it will always go into diagnostics mode. What can I do to make it automatically boot into the OK?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 30th, 2017 12:00

:emotion-2:

If you're able to get into windows again, type msconfig onto [Cortana] search box or right click the Start button, click on 'Run', type msconfig and then OK. In the System Configuration, switch from Diagnostic Startup to Normal Startup.

2 Posts

March 30th, 2017 12:00

Thanks for your answer. I don't have the notebook anymore to try it myself, but I'll pass this info to my coleague to see if it helps. I'm not sure if I was clear enough in my original message. I was not talking about some windows diagnostics, but I was reffering to a Dell disgnostics software that looks like part of the BIOS.

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

March 31st, 2017 23:00

One other thing to add, if you're using legacy boot mode make sure the drive is set to the only boot option in the BIOS (or at least the top). It might seem silly but the drive might not be listed as a boot option/it might be thinking some other device that is plugged in is the boot drive (causing the diag error and forcing you to use F12 to boot). This is assuming the system is going to Dell Diag and not a Windows test screen (if it is, then that answer is already covered by LSUFAN51).

Best regards,

Brad 

No Events found!