Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DK

January 23rd, 2011 17:00

DELL STUDIO 1735 BIOS UPDATE [Pops, Cracks and Dropouts In Audio]

Hi..... i would like to know if there will ever be a bios update for Studio 1735 laptops other than A05 which was realeased back in 2008?

Reason for me asking is because my 1735 has had, and still has audio problems identical to that of the 1737s (which is popping, glitches and dropouts in audio due to latency problems) and i saw where bios updates that  eventually solved this problem were released for the 1737s with their latest available bios update now being version A08.

so is there a bios update coming for 1735s?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 24th, 2011 20:00

i saw where bios updates that  eventually solved this problem were released for the 1737s with their latest available bios update now being version A08.

I don't know where you saw that. The A08 revision was released in Nov '09 and it did not fix the problem. Didn't you post on the Studio 1737 DPC Latency thread? That thread continued all through '10 because the problem was not solved in '09.

I don't think there is a snowball's chance that there will ever be a fix. In the 6 or 7 years I have been on the laptop forum I have never known Dell to go back and fix an audio problem on a previous model. They just keep popping out new ones without looking back. They move on and leave their mistakes in the past.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 25th, 2011 06:00

Deejay-K3nny,

I looked over the Studio1737 DPC Latency thread this morning to refresh my memory.

The history was that they were going to develop a BIOS fix for the latency on the 1737 and then apply that knowledge toward a fix for the 1735. The A07 BIOS was released in Sept '09 and it was supposed to be the fix, but it was a big flop. They re-worked it and released A08 almost 3 months later. The Dell moderator who was the communication pipe between the posters and the Dell engineers was Bill B, who a couple of months later wrote:

"The last word I got was the 1737 has a design limitation that prevents latency issues from being resolved. The platform has transitioned to a new engineering team. The new team reached out to me asking for feedback on the recent BIOS release. I let them know it was in no way a fix, and passed on a couple of choice recent comments from this thread."

That was just about Bill B's last post on the thread. It has been a year now and no one from Dell has ever reported back what the "new engineering team" did with the problem. My guess is that they had shot their wad with A08 and just gave up on it after that -- so no hope for the 1737 or 1735

Bill B left the thread about 3 months before you posted on it. You ought to read the entire thread to get a fuller understanding of the history. Also, there were some workarounds posted on it that might be of interest to you.

2 Posts

December 18th, 2012 18:00

Finally got an honest response. Since DELL gives up...so do I. I will never purchase another DELL product again. Even though I trusted the product. They made thier profit off me, but never again.

2 Posts

December 18th, 2012 18:00

What a SHAME...

No Events found!