Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2014 21:00

DELL XPS 15Z

Dear Dell,

I, Mr. Vijay Vinayak from Bangalore, India. It was a easy choice for me to go for the most expensive XPS avail in 2011 for the simple reason I knew Dell backs it up with exceptional post sales service plus with an additional 2 yrs of extension of warranty  as an option( which was the case with my previous XPS 1330 and 1530) But now Dell has scrapped that option only for XPS which is shocking and disappointing. As I told you earlier, this was the most expensive model of XPS avail at that time which costed me about 100000 Rs ( One lakh Indian rupees).  Let some common sense prevail.. who would spend so much on a machine when they know it would last only for about 3yrs (as I had numerous parts changed in last 3yrs).

Plz look into this matter or else you might be losing a very old customer of DELL( who always recommended to his family and friends)  as I find it stupid to spend so much for a 3 yr complete cover without an option of 2 yr extension.

Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 9th, 2014 07:00

If true, this is a new policy - and a case of "follow Apple".  You can spend $5,000 or more on a Mac notebook and Apple will not offer a warranty beyond three years.

Essentially, three years is the design life of a notebook these days - no matter who you buy from and no matter what you pay for it.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 9th, 2014 08:00

You'll have to ask Dell  -- they may have changed their policies recently.

At any rate, three years is generally the design life of a notebook.

July 9th, 2014 08:00

If you think so... then why does all the other models has five years option...???? ridiculous I feel...

N that is why, for me Apple is<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>

No Events found!