Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2013 10:00

DVD Drive is not opening

Hi

I am using Dell inspiron 15R laptop. Suddenly my DVD drive is not opening. I have inserted a DVD which I think got corrupted and from then on my DVD drive is not opening. Unfortunately, I am not able to even eject the DVD out. Whenever I right-click on Drive (E) for ejecting it is taking a lot of time and system is getting struck. I wonder this laptop has got an eject button on the DVD drive, as I never got an opportunity to try that way. So, somebody please help me out with this issue.

Regards

Sapthagiri

1.3K Posts

April 11th, 2013 10:00

Hi Sapthagiri,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

In order to eject a Disc stuck in the Optical Drive, please try the following steps:

• Get a paper clip.
  • Insert the paper clip into the emergency eject hole on the optical drive and move it around in a circular motion.

The disc should eject.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

April 16th, 2013 10:00

Hi Sapthagiri,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic.

In order to eject a Disc stuck in the Optical Drive, please try the following steps:

• Get a paper clip.
  • Insert the paper clip into the emergency eject hole on the optical drive and move it around in a circular motion.

The disc should eject.

If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

April 16th, 2013 23:00

Hi Babita,

I did try the method that you have mentioned above, unfortunately it didn't work out for me. Is there any other way to resolve this issue. Moreover my laptop is under warranty. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do from my side.

Regards

Sapthagiri

1.3K Posts

April 17th, 2013 15:00

Hi Sapthagiri,

Thank you for your reply.

Please tap F2 continously on start-up to access the System Setup screen.

Try ejecting the dvd disk from the dvd drive while in the System Setup screen.  Let me know if you are able to successfully eject the dvd disk in this manner.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

April 17th, 2013 21:00

Hi Babita,

I have tries doing what you have mentioned above, unfortunately it didn't work out as well. However I did notice that a small button that is present over the DVD drive is also not working. When I am happening to press on that button, the DVD drive is not opening at all.

Best Regards

Sapthagiri

1.3K Posts

April 19th, 2013 16:00

Hi Sapthagiri,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you since the issue with the dvd disk not ejecting has not been resolved yet.

In order for me to assist you better, please contact me by clicking on  DELL-Babita S and select the email icon or Start a Conversation, and provide the following information.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

No Events found!