Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 25th, 2016 04:00

DVD won't play after system re-installation in Inspiron 17

Hi,

I have an Inspiron 17 with Windows 8.1.

When I bought computer it did open DVD without problems. After system reinstallation I can see DVD's folders but no movie can be played. Open AutoPlay function gives me only "dropbox export" and "no action" options, even if I have Windows Media Player (which used to work fine with DVDs) and VLC app.

Both Windows Media Player and VLC cannot open any DVD on their own.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Anna

9 Posts

July 25th, 2016 03:00

It turned out that My Dell Downloads do not provide third-parties software, so there was no CyberLink to download in Dell site at first place. 

However after scouting whole (very badly organized) Dell's site I managed to find CD/DVD Troubleshooter in Interactive Support Agent. I downloaded program behind that link and it turn out that there was some problem with connection between computer and DVD. The same program fixed the problem and now I'm able to watch DVDs even on free-DVD-players like VLC. 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 25th, 2016 09:00

Win 8.1 and win 10 MP cannot play video dvds. You most likely had a separate video player installed like Cyberlink that came on Dell win 8.1 computers. Download it again from My Dell Downloads.

9 Posts

June 26th, 2016 04:00

It may be the case. However I have a problem with My Dell Downloads. I went to the side, checked the agreement box and then clicked Register New System but site reloads as it is and nothing happens. 

No Events found!