Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 21st, 2017 13:00

Del Inspiron 5559 modum slow

Brand new, less than a month old.

Very slow download/upload. Using Ethernet connection, ran speedtest.net and it shows almost 20% slower than my other laptop (other laptop not connected at same time. Ran separately after disconnecting Dell.

Very frustrated with Dell. Phone support not helpful and rude.

May 30th, 2017 11:00

One more thing Sumni: I have worked with Dell products for a very long time and I have a great deal of faith in Dell. Dell does not make hard drives, so I don't blame the laptop for a slow hard drive. I bought my Inspiron after a great deal of thought and I plan to use it for years to come, it just needs to run a little faster to do the job.

14 Posts

May 30th, 2017 13:00

I have also used Dell for years, however, just because they don't make their hard drives they are responsible for the equipment they build and sell. So if I find that the product that I purchased is not working properly, it is still their responsibility to make it right.

May 30th, 2017 19:00

The Sleeping Giant Has Awakened!

SSD installation (Samsung EVO 850 512GB) and 8GB Dell RAM (now 16GB total) are complete and Linux MINT has installed in mere minutes. Everything in Linux MINT (a Debian/Ubuntu fork) works: wireless, ethernet, keyboard backlight, functions, etc. The full potential of the Inspiron 15 5559 has been unleashed: it is now the fastest computer I have ever owned, to-date.

September 15th, 2017 21:00

groceryboyjr, I would really be interested in hearing what happened after your upgrades. I have a slow, wifi-dropping 5559 as well.

Thanks!

No Events found!