Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2013 14:00

Dell 15R 5521 blue screen.

My daughter bought this unit 6 months ago for college. Sometimes it will go to the bsod and indicate a driver error or corrupt driver. It's been doing it since we bought it and now more frequently. I have searched the web without finding a clear answer. Some say it's an ATI graphics card problem. We do not want to send it back because she needs it for her school work. I just need a quick fix. Please help. I like Dell, but she is so upset, she said she will never buy another one. 

3.1K Posts

August 29th, 2013 14:00

Hi the_tin_man,

I understand it could upsetting if the computer does not work correctly.

The very first step I would suggest is to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu. Please share the results.

Also, try the Online Diagnostics. Choose Symptom -> Blue Screen Analyzer. Based upon the results of this analysis, you may choose to run the trouble-shooter to fix these errors.

If case the issue persists, please share the error message that show up on the blue screen, will take it further.

August 30th, 2013 14:00

Thanks for the response. I updated the bios. Some say that will fix the problem. I ran the bs analyzer, but the options at the end seemed quite useless. I will try the new bios and see what happens. I we get another blue screen, I will record the info and paste it here. Thanks

3.1K Posts

August 30th, 2013 15:00

Hi the_tin_man,

Thank you for the response. I hope everything works in a positive way. Keep me posted on the status. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

No Events found!