Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2012 05:00

Dell 1737 (Windows 7 32bit) - All usb ports and integrated webcam stopped working

So one day after I had been to the library with my laptop, I came back and all my usb ports and inbuilt webcam had stopped working. I have tried everything reinstalling the drivers, system restore, dell diagnostics, windows diagnostics, and everything says there is nothing wrong. The unusual thing is that when i plug something in it continuously disconnects and reconnects and with my usb mouse it can work for a second at a time.
Please help this is really annoying.

Thanks

9 Posts

May 15th, 2012 05:00

I've tried the turning off removing the battery and pressing the power button for 30 seconds and it seem to stay connected a bit longer but then just disconnected again. It also says for the few seconds it seems to be working this device could perform faster if you plug it into a usb 2.0, even though all my ports are usb 2.0

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 15th, 2012 15:00

JimbobH,

Try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

9 Posts

May 16th, 2012 03:00

I couldn't see the webcam in symptom tree, all the usb ports past the test, although there was an error code 5D00:0009. Does this help?  And finally no the computer is no longer under warranty.

9 Posts

May 16th, 2012 03:00

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 16th, 2012 16:00

JimbobH,

Since the webcam is not listed in the symptom tree, I would say the webcam is not attached to the motherboard. If the webcam is not attached, it probably came loose at the top, near the webcam.

Rick

No Events found!