Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

6 Posts

December 28th, 2008 15:00

Dell 2208WFP DVI connecting to laptop VGA connection

I have a Vostro 1500 w/ NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS graphics card & an external VGA port out the side for an external monitor.  I just purchased a Dell Ultrasharp 2208WFP.  I hooked it up via the VGA cable at the 1680 x 1050 suggested resolution, which is the same as my laptop display.  However, I cannot get the 2 screens side by side to match;  the laptop is much clearer & sharper.

My question: Will getting an adapter to connect the laptop VGA connection to a DVI-I that then connects to the DVI connection on back of the flat panel make my desktop screen clearer & sharper so that it matches my laptop?

I am currently just using the desktop screen as the main one since I can't get them "consistent".  Some research I've read says the desktop WFP screen will improve using the DVI connection, even though it is going through a VGA port because it will connected to the DVI connection.  Other stuff says the improvement is minimal.

Anybody run into this with all these Dell WFP's they sell & people hooking them up to laptop VGA?????????????????????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Responses!
No Events found!