Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2017 21:00

Dell 5567 no sound issue

I've just got a new laptop, the sound isn't working, it does however works with a headset but not with the laptop's speakers, any ideas why?

• 

16.7K Posts

February 3rd, 2017 07:00

PaulDiamant,

You have probably made your headphones default, and turned off the speakers.
In the taskbar, near the clock, right-click on the speaker icon. Choose 'Playback devices'. In the new window, do you see 1 or 2 items? Speakers and below that Speaker/headphones. Right-click on what is showing, and in the list tick the options, 'Show disabled devices' and 'Show disconnected devices'.
Now you should have 'Speakers' line showing, so right-click on it, and choose 'properties'. At the bottom of the box, you see a drop-box that gives 2 options. Make it to be 'Use this device-enable'. Click OK

1 Message

March 23rd, 2017 02:00

I also have this problem , the speakers stopped working since a month for two month old laptop 5567. I have reinstalled the driver, disabled and enabled the services still no sound from speakers

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 23rd, 2017 08:00

Hello. Re-install the Realtek audio driver. This is the windows 10 version.

If the speakers continue to not work, use the PSA or ePSA audio test to make sure there is not a speaker hardware issue.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 23rd, 2017 08:00

Oops, sorry, disregard the part about reinstalling driver, since you already did that.

No Events found!