Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

August 25th, 2009 20:00

Dell D620 Vista/USB Hub issue

Hi Everyone,

Dell support has really let me down in this area. I have a Dell d620 which I installed vista to (and later windows 7 as well). However, the main issues has been this: although the computer still recognizes USB devices, it will not recognize usb hubs or the usb ports on my dell docking station. Has anyone ever encountered this problem or found a solution? Thanks!

3 Posts

October 29th, 2009 23:00

no ideas?

December 17th, 2009 23:00

CMOS parameter settings
This is mainly due to the motherboard CMOS default port is closed, if not set it to open state, then naturally can not detect Windows to the usb 4 port hub drive. To solve this problem, we can re-boot into the CMOS settings window, and "PNP / PCI

CONFIGURATION "column will be" Assign IRQ For USB "one set to" Enable ".
For example the computer configuration a standard USB interface is 1.1, while the purchase of mobile hard drives are USB 2.0 hub standard interface, which requires to connect computers and mobile hard disk cable must support USB 2.0 standard.

January 22nd, 2010 18:00

Not sure that's 100% of the problem.

My D620 came w XP, was upgraded to Vista, then to Win 7 x32, then to Win7 x64.  I upgraded/swapped hard drives along the way.

My 230Gb Win7x64 system was setup, and I found and applied the Sigmatel fix to handle the fact that the speakers weren't working if plugged into the D/Dock.  And I must have found the magic fix for the mouse problem because... the 230Gb died.  The 100Gb still had Win7 x32 on it so I plugged it in and restored my data and applied patches.

This Win7 x32 load has the mouse problem!  No BIOS changes, just swapped OS and HDD.  I thought I had posted the fix last year when i found it - but can't seem to find the post nor the answer - am still digging.

Don

3 Posts

June 4th, 2010 14:00

I have had the same problem as well with the Vista + Win7 installs not recognizing USB hubs. Any solutions?

No Events found!