Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 2nd, 2013 08:00

Dell Datasafe Local Backup 9.4.67

I've just got a new Windows 7 Dell Inspiron 5520 latop.  I'm trying to create a set of system recovery DVDs for it.  I used the Datasafe Local Backup with my Verbatim DVD+R dvds, but it just spat these straight out and said insert writable DVD.  I thought it could be a problem with the DVDs (they have RW logo on them) so I got some DVD-Rs which don't.  However, Datasafe still spat them out.  So I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the latest version.  This accepted the DVD-Rs and wrote the first DVD, but got to 5% of verifing the disk and then crashed out, asking for a new disk.  I put a new disk in and it started again, and fell over at the same point.  Then I abandoned the process, restarted the whole thing from the beginning, and it failed at the same point again.  I'm all out of ideas how I can create a set of system recovery disks. Can anyone help?

March 5th, 2013 06:00

Ok, found a solution myself.  It seems that Datasafe is not good at writing DVDs, not sure exactly what the problem is, but quite a few people found this problem.  I instead burned to a virtual DVD:

webe.hubpages.com/.../How-to-create-restoration-disk-safely-on-new-laptop-with-windows

This seems to have worked.  I now have my recovery disks.

I should say, I would expect that the dell backup software would work with the dell dvd writer on a brand new system, but then it was cheap...

No Events found!