Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2015 01:00

Dell Ergotron Mobile Computing Station K000927 controller box (i.e. PDU) troubleshooting

I am working with a Dell Ergotron Mobile Computing Station K000927, which is a managed laptop-holding cart.  The Controller Box (that is, power distribution unit) appears to provide power to the four outlets intended to service the switch, wireless router, 25th Latitude AC adapter, and nothing (empty socket), but does not appear to being serving power to the 24 Latitude AC adapter outlets.  I am aware that under normal tech support service circumstances, Ergotron and/or Dell provide that the Controller Box should simply be replaced by a technician, but I am instead requesting the tools necessary to troubleshoot.

Further potential symptoms of the Controller Box failure include the failure to power the fans, and a non-working set of LED indicators.  Lacking suitable instructions, I am also looking to understand the purpose of the 19.5v out or inlet and the jumper which sit to either side of the two fan connections.

Ideally, any data or schematics on the Controller Box would help, or a service manual for specifically that unit, part 909-537-00rev0N. Otherwise, any tips for a series of troubleshooting steps would be appreciated -- my Fluke 73 multimeter is standing by for any preliminary tests.  Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 10th, 2015 10:00

Hi reticulatingsplines,

Thanks for your post.

All support comes directly from the vendor, Ergotron.

Here is the contact information for Ergotron:

When calling Ergotron for support you will need to provide the Serial Number from the unit. This can be found towards the bottom of the cart right above the external cable management bay.

Regards,
Robert

June 12th, 2015 01:00

Bear with me, as there also seems to be a forum at forum.ergotron.com/index.php and the appearance of tech supporters whom will indulge my kind of question. Having the dual Dell-Ergotron branding, and because of the otherwise seemingly limited discussion on the internet about this MCS, I'd like to seek the solution and bring it back here, so that those searching for this topic might have the opportunity to be better directed before making a new post. I'll then mark appropriately the question as answered.
No Events found!