Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2010 20:00

Dell Inspirion Laptop 1525 Audio Ports Circuit Board

I will appreciate any help anyone can give me on this matter.

I have a dell Inspiron laptop 1525. The question is regarding the audio ports on the front of the computer. One can be used for a mic and the other for headphones. After many repeats of plugging mics and headphone in my husband think he damaged the insert by knocking them out every time he stood up and walk away from the desk.

The inserts are now loose and the if you insert a mic or headphone it doesn't fit like before. Can this this part of the laptop be repaired or replaced and where would I purchase this.

This computer is nolonger under warranty. So I would have to incur and cost associated.

Again thank you for all your help.

Cande'

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 24th, 2010 21:00

Hello. That model does not have an audio ports circuit board so the repair job would be quite expensive and entail replacing the motherboard. A fairly inexpensive workaround is to get an external sound card or audio interface. Your model can use one of two types, either a usb card or an Express slot card.

15 Posts

August 25th, 2010 15:00

Thank you Jim for all your help.

I am going to assume it doesn't matter the brand I buy. Any would be compatible with my dell computer.

Again thanks for your help. The "usb audio card" is for me.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 25th, 2010 16:00

Cande', it does not matter which brand but make sure its specs say it is compatible with the operating system (probably XP or Vista) that is installed on your computer.

15 Posts

August 26th, 2010 13:00

Again thank you Jim.

The operating system is Vista.

You are a life savor.

No Events found!