Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 9th, 2012 07:00

Dell Inspiron 14 (N4050, brand new) will not turn on without AC power but battery is ok

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 14 (N4050). After a couple of days I just realize the unit will not turn on without AC power. But after the Windows start, it is ok to disconnect the power cable and it will run on battery. The battery is ok because it is not detected by Windows as empty and almost full. I use Windows 7 64 bit and BIOS A06.

If I am not mistaken, I read from the manual, for the first time use the unit must be connected to AC power. But it is also happened to any subsequent start. Is there a setting in BIOS? 

2 Posts

May 1st, 2012 07:00

same problem with you the unit will not turn on without AC power when you press the start button but when windows start the battery is ok does anyone knows how to troubleshoot this?

2 Posts

December 9th, 2012 21:00

Press and keep hold Fn then long press the Power button. It will start. :emotion-1:

Note: Some laptop works with long press. Some are single click. but dell n4050 DOUBLE CLICK.

yes it works.

3 Posts

July 28th, 2013 10:00

Not working ........still it not start with out charging .....

1.3K Posts

July 31st, 2013 06:00

Hi inzamul36,

Do you get any battery or adapter related error messages? Also check the adapter status in BIOS. (Press F2 on boot up to enter the BIOS)

3 Posts

August 15th, 2013 05:00

I check battery by dell battery meter and it says (pic)

when i plug out my charger from laptop it runs normally . with out charger it not starts ...some times it starts by 7 or 10 press of power button and some times its normally starts....

2 Posts

August 17th, 2013 02:00

Again same problem came to me. what I did was, I sold it. Please sell it and buy some other brand. 

No Events found!