Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2012 21:00

Dell Inspiron 1464 freezes and black screen

1. harddrive = 250gig

2. ram = 2gig

3. cpu = core i3

4. video = intel

My 1 year old Laptop Dell Inspiron 1464 has the same issue like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM7fF8WY55w, any solution? warranty is over. 
I'm here in the Philippines and we don't have Dell Service Center here?(I don't why). 
The store I purchased this from said they will try to fix the issue but it's 50-50, they might fixed it or not(which is ridiculous). Made me refused, I don't think they know what they are doin'.
DELL people, what is the best thing to do? 

4 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did that but it shuts down in the process. And when I try to turn it on again the light goes on and then off for few second, nothing happen. what I'm doing is wait for a couple hours then try it again, F12 > gets into BIOS option > Diagnostic > in the middle of the process goes off again.  

3.8K Posts

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. First try running a Diagnostics on your computer. Press the F12 key at the Dell Logo on startup, select Diagnostics and run an extended diagnostics on your computer. Post back with error codes.

Link to Dell Partners in Philippines.

www1.ap.dell.com/.../sadm_contacts

Thank you.

3.8K Posts

Hi,

Does the system heat up? You may want to try clearing out the Fan Vents of any dust. It looks like a motherboard issue to me.

supportapj.dell.com/.../document

Thank you.

4 Posts

August 8th, 2012 22:00

The vent is clean, the only thing I noticed the fan is not working, at least when I turn the power on it should rotate. right?

what help can I get from this link www1.ap.dell.com/.../sadm_contacts I phoned them twice no one is answering.

4 Posts

Thanks for the reply again....

How will I know if the system heat up? Went out of town for 2 months, I just arrived home last night, right away I use my laptop, I updated my Ubuntu and some other stuff took me 6 hours fell asleep and then I open this morning approximately 3 hours uptime, while I'm checking my email suddenly shutdown.

3.8K Posts

Hi,

The link is for Dell contacts in Philippines to take your computer to have it fixed. It could be an issue with your motherboard.

Thank you.

No Events found!