Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2013 02:00

Dell Inspiron 14z ultrabook will not connect to ANY secure wireless.

It WILL connect to unsecure wireless.

Intel Centrino N Intel Centrino wireless 2230

windows 8

I have tried wpa wpa2 and wep, it will ONLY connect to unsecure guest account.

I have also read another post with suggestion to modify power setting that have no affect, also read about changing specific setting on the wireless card that fixed one persons issue but had no affect on mine.

I have tried the newest intel drivers from the intel driver update page and I have tried the drivers from the dell drivers page.

I have tried using windows to manage the wireless network and I have tried using the intel proset software to manage wireless, both with the same result.

Usually I would just buy a new mini pci express wifi adapter, but dell decided to burry this one underneath everything so you have to completely disassemble the entire thing just to replace it...

After messing with it for a couple days, I figured that it must me some security software of bloatware that dell installed interfering so I did a clean install of windows 8.  Still does not connect to secure wireless networks, no change...

22 Posts

February 10th, 2017 03:00

Does it connect to the internet when you use an Ethernet cable?

If it does then, Google 'DriverPackSolution' and use that to install the missing drivers.

Hopefully this will help.

16 Posts

February 10th, 2017 05:00

It's weird, for example I did not experience such difficulties with the DELL INSPIRON 3000 11 2-IN-1. Perhaps the defective system?

22 Posts

February 13th, 2017 04:00

its probably a driver issue, happens quite often. try update the drivers and hopefully it would work. if not then could also be the windows 8..maybe try a different operating system.

No Events found!