Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2013 15:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Battery meter (time remaining) broken

Hello there. Recently my battery 'time remaining' meter have been showing outrageous time left (e.g. 55 hr 35mins). I have looked on the internet for solutions but I couldn't find any. Please help me.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

June 30th, 2013 02:00

Hello Vvinushan,

There are few steps I would suggest, which would help us in isolating the issue further. Please try the following steps:

• Ensure that the battery has sufficient charge to power on the computer.
  • Please ensure that the battery is charging when you are using the computer with the AC Adapter plugged in. 
  • Check the status of the battery in BIOS Setup. To enter BIOS, restart the computer and keep tapping F2 at the Dell logo screen.
  • Run the PC Diagnostics to check the functionality of the Battery.

Please try the steps and write back with results.

10 Posts

June 30th, 2013 09:00

I have checked the BIOS and run PC Diagnostics (from the website and from Pre - Boot. They both say the battery is performing normally. Is there any more suggestions? Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 09:00

Hello Vvinushan,

I apologize for the delay in response! I would suggest you to try updating the BIOS to latest version.

**NOTE: Few things to ensure before updating the Bios is, the Ac Adapter should be plugged in and the battery should have minimum of 15% charge. No other external peripherals should be connected to the computer. Please ensure that the Bios update should not be interrupted else it would damage the motherboard.

Hope this helps!

10 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 11:00

I have already updated the BIOS before the problem.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 4th, 2013 08:00

Hello Vvinushan,

I would request you to help me understand the following details:

• Even if it the battery meter shows 55 hr 35mins left, how much time does it actually last?
  • Since when are you facing the issue?
  • I would also request you to share a screen shot of the same.

Awaiting your response! 

1 Message

August 20th, 2013 14:00

Hi Vvinushan,

i also have the same problem with my pc....i just want to ask if fixed already???

1 Message

September 15th, 2013 03:00

Hello,

I have been facing exactly the same issue as mentioned above. This issue is occurring from the very 1st day I received the laptop.

I have updated BIOS, calibrated the battery, ran diagnostics, some representative from dell disabled all third party services but the problem is still the same.

On full charge, it shows a time of approximately 11 hours & reduces to 5hrs/3hrs after a restart.

I do not understand if this is a hardware problem or a software problem as many people are facing this issue with this specific laptop.

I have bought this laptop on 29th August 2013 & have not really got a solution which would resolve this issue.

My service request number is  <ADMIN NOTE: Service request removed per privacy policy>.

Regards,

Hitesh Gupta

4 Posts

September 19th, 2013 18:00

HI, i just got an Inspiron 15R 5521 today, my time remaining on my battery shows 216 hrs. at 86% battery life. Any suggestions other than those given...tried them and nothing has changed. 

thanks,

M

2 Posts

November 19th, 2013 11:00

I have absolutely the same problem battery time remaining about 150-200h

Here is screenshot 

1 Message

April 27th, 2014 15:00

has anyone fixed this issue? my temporary fix is to remove the battery for about 2 or 3 minutes, then put it back. The meter gets fixed, but after a full charge, it back to square 1

1 Message

July 7th, 2014 04:00

I just bought a new dell inspiron 15 (3521) with unbuntu running on it as the OS. I changed the OS to W7, and the battery won't last more than 2hours again. When I check the Battery meter it say 3hr 40mins but within 30mins of usage the battery drops to 50%, which is really annoying. Pls what do I do to make my battery last longer because this is a brand new dell laptop. Thanks

1 Message

December 1st, 2014 15:00

Hello. I noticed that this thread has not received any activity for a few months, however I am still seeing the issue with my laptop. Currently, at 39% battery life remaining without A/C power attached, my system is reporting over 115 hours of runtime left.

Any help or updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Message

January 7th, 2015 18:00

I've this problem after upgraded to a SSD hard drive.

Also, I can't run the PC Setting. By searing on answer to this problem, someone said just type below at cmd and hit enter.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register$Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml

Amazingly, it solves both my problems.

No Events found!