Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2015 00:00

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Graphic Card Problem.

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop with the following specs:

Intel i5 processor

Intel 4000 HD graphics

AMD Radeon 7670M dedicated graphics

6 GB of RAM

Windows 8.1 Single Language

I'm trying to run a few games and all I can select is the Intel 4000 HD graphics adapter and not the Radeon one. I have tried everything from Switching the profile from power saving to High performance and I don't find any difference.  I cannot even update the graphic card driver to AMD Omega Catalyst without crashing Windows and requiring a System Restore nor can I pdate it using WIndows Update. What can I do?

I cannot even set the Global Graphics Processor in the BIOS of the laptop as I don't find an option in its advanced settings. I'm stuck!

Is there a workaround for this?

Also, I was wondering if I could replace the AMD Radeon Dedicated Graphics with an nVidia one!

Please help!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 15th, 2015 05:00

First, check with the game publisher to verify that what you're trying to run in fact works with switching video - not all games do, particularly older ones.  You may need an update or a paid upgrade for the game(s) in question.

In the Catalyst control panel, you choose the GPU on a per-application basis.  What happens when you do this?

No, you cannot replace the GPU - both GPUs are permanently soldered to the mainboard and are not upgradeable in any way.

No Events found!