Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2014 11:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5547 - screen flickering, color dependant

I hope someone can help me. 

I bougth an Dell Inspiron Touch 15 5547 Laptop this summer and since the beginning, it flickered sometimes. It wasn't really bad, I used it mainly for excel work and the problem almost never occurs on excel. But just lately I noticed that the occurrence of the flicker is really heavy on some webpages or programs that use yellow or yellowish browns as their main color and I really hope there is some solution out there for this. 

The flicker always rises from the bottom up, sometimes only to maybe a fifth of the screen, sometimes almost all the way up. 

What I already tried and didn't help 

• Change screen refresh rate 
  • update graphic card drivers or any drivers
  • changing the angle of the screen
  • plug in or unplug ac adapter
  • change screen resolution
  • Change screen brightness
  • change energy options

What I can't do right now is plug in an external monitor as I don't own the appropriate cable. 

Some facts: 

• DELL INSPIRON 15-5547 I7-4510U/16GB/1TB
  • Touchscreen
  • 16 GB Ram 
  • AMD HD R7 M265

I made a video using my smartphone capturing the flicker. It is easy to reproduce. 
This website is especially heavy - the yellow/brown/Beige background makes it flicker wildly, if the main color of the screen changes to a darker color, the flicker stops immediately. 

[View:www.youtube.com/watch]

Not the best quality but I guess you can see that it stops right away when I click on the preview box. 

Hope somebody has an idea! 

Greetings from Germany, 
Laura 

1 Message

December 14th, 2014 22:00

I am also facing somewhat same problem, but not exactly like this. My screen has horizontal lines when I run HD videos on facebook/youtube or any other player like VLC/KMPlayer. I have researched but no help found yet.

Anyone can suggest or have a solution for this?

1 Message

July 14th, 2016 21:00

To the OP: I am facing the exact same problem, with the exact same Laptop & configuration.

Did you manage to resolve your problem? If so, could you tell me how you did it?

If not... Can someone help out in this matter?

Best,

Adi

6 Posts

July 15th, 2016 12:00

Unfortunately no, I didn't find a solution for this problem. 

I posted in the German support forum as well and there were a few things suggested to me that I tried 

1) Run hardware diagnostics - no error shown

2) safe mode - flicker still existent

3) external monitor - flicker not showing on external monitor. 

It was also suggested to me to try to boot Linux and see if it still appears but I haven't tried this yet. 

Good to know I'm not the only one!

Laura 

No Events found!