Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2017 09:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Freezing

So I recently (it's been about 3 weeks) purchased a refurbished dell Inspiron 15 7000. Sometimes, when I put my laptop to sleep, it wakes up with this screen. That smaller box is the mouse apparently because it moves when I move my mouse. It doesn't go away, at least when I left it for 10 minutes. 

Also, another freezing problem that I have is that sometimes, my computer spontaneously freezes while I am watching a video. It may have to do with my RAM usage (I've noticed that I have at least 4-5 tabs open) but I also have 8gb ram, which has never been a problem on other computers. The screen doesn't change, and the audio stutters loudly for about 10 seconds before cutting off immediately. Nothing on the screen moves.

All parts are stock. 

Processor: Intel i5-7300 HQ CPU @ 2.5 GHz

Ram: 8 gb

System Type: 64-bit OS

Display Adaptors: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti and Intel HD graphics 630

13 Posts

October 18th, 2017 00:00

Hello, this problem is probably driver-related. For the first one, we have a topic yet (http://fw.to/0eECzxH) – unfortunately still no answer given. Ad 2nd problem: Try to disable hardware acceleration in chrome (in Settings -> Advanced).

October 18th, 2017 01:00

Thank you! Hopefully disabling hardware acceleration will work. I believe I am up to date with my drivers though. Is there an error with a specific driver update?

9 Posts

October 18th, 2017 02:00

update bios

13 Posts

October 18th, 2017 03:00

For me this problem is caused by the *latest* Intel driver. Try to install an older version.

October 19th, 2017 14:00

Hey everyone! Here's an update; the problem has stopped for 2 days. The only thing that seemed to work was that I uninstalled the driver for Intel HD Graphics 630, and reinstalled it via the Devicec Manager. My theory is that the dell update app is installing the driver for 530, because that's what it states it is installing, and I'm not so sure it's a typo. Hope that helps!

13 Posts

October 19th, 2017 15:00

Thanks for info! I will try this in a near future.

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2017 18:00

I have the same issue.  Brand new machine this happens when waking up from sleep mode.  Also if I let it sit about 30-60 seconds the screen goes black, moving the mouse or touch pad/key will then bring up the normal sign in screen.  Very annoying.

1 Message

October 31st, 2017 07:00

just install last dell update and it fixed the problem

No Events found!