Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2014 04:00

Dell Inspiron 15 N5010 Beeps on startup continuously and wont show screen

Hello,

I have a dell Inspiron 15 N5010 which is about 4 years old. It was working properly, but suddenly it went off and when i restarted it, there was nothing which appeared on screen, but  there was a beep sound which went on until i turned my laptop off. Even the startup screen didnt appeared during this. The power button lights up, fan is running, but the screen is not coming up.

I have noticed one thing also, if i put it on for long time, so that it gains enough heat due to constatnt running and then I restart it, the screen will come. and after sometime, the screen distorts and after few seconds, the laptop screen turns black and the beep sound appears which start crying until i turn laptop off.

Thanks in advance for any help that is actually helpful.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2014 08:00

Hi letsrock35 ,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to switch ON the system properly without beeps.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to turn on the system properly without beeps.

Also, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Please let us know the number of beep codes you receive they should beep in a pattern. In addition, connect an external display to check if the issue reoccurs.

1 Message

December 19th, 2014 03:00

Hi Ravi,

I'm facing a similar problem. I had connected my Inspiron laptop to my TV via HDMI. I didn't realize I hadn't switched the laptop off. I just shut the lid and left it. After around 3 hours or so, when I try to start it, it gives a beep sound. There are 8 beeps that keep occurring.

I tried the steps that you have mentioned, but on starting up after removing the battery and power, it still gives the beeps. The beeps stop if I press the power button, but nothing happens after that. The power button still glows but nothing on screen.

Kindly help

3 Posts

August 4th, 2016 10:00

Did you ever figure out how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Lissa

1 Message

October 30th, 2017 04:00

instead of 15 seconds of pressing power button with unplug power source and battery make it 60 seconds, this works for me...

No Events found!