Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2009 15:00

Dell Inspiron 1525 - Updating video drivers

I had some problems with a game so I emailed the tech support for some help. They looked at my dxdiag and told me the problem is most likely my video drivers are out of date. 

I understand how to find the drivers on the Dell website, but I have tried twice to install drivers I thought were the correct ones but each time I checked through device manager and they had not updated.

I'd appreciate some instructions of which video drivers are the most up to date, and how to install them correctly without breaking my Laptop :emotion-4:.

My Laptop has the Mobile Intel  965 Express Chipset , just incase you don't know.

Main driver is igdumd32.dll and the current version is 7.14.0010.1409

Apologies if it's a simple fix but I have no experience with updating drivers.

21 Posts

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1525

whats the windows version that you are using .?

whats the game and what's the problem with it ..

14.4K Posts

You can try going HERE and downloading the latest driver from the Intel Site. A word though that these may not take as Intel notebook drivers are normally the responsibility of the OEM to update.

You are running the Latest Dell version of the driver so if this does not work you are pretty much out of luck.

No Events found!