Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2013 16:00

Dell Inspiron 1526 black screen and Keyboard status lights(Num Lock,Caps Lock,Scroll Lock) don't turning on

My computer wasn`t working well since a few months ago, I tried to fix it and it worked just for a day but know seems like turns on and the screen stay black and also none of the Keyboard status lights(Num Lock,Caps Lock,Scroll Lock) turns on. I copied a message that the computer sent me when I fixed it! I HOPE somebody can help me to find out what does this means, thanks in advance Windows NT has found only 0K of low memory. 512 fo low memory is required to run windows NT. You may need to upgrade your computer of run a configuration program provided by the manufacter. I would appreciate someone can help with this. thanks

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

January 24th, 2013 20:00

Hi  bibiaca07,

Welcome to the Community,

It could be an issue with RAM(memory modules) or the memory module connector slot.Try removing and reseating  memory modules.

For steps to remove and replace memory modules  refer to this link:

support.dell.com/.../memory.htm

Note:If there are two memory modules installed on the system,remove both and try booting system with one memory module installed.To determine if  its the memory module or the connector slot which has gone bad,try each memory module on both the slots.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

No Events found!