This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 14th, 2015 04:00

Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 upgrade to windows 8

Hi everyone,

I never got this laptop upgrade to Windows 8. I have a valid license from the day of release, and after the MS for more than four hours and not solve anything, the problem can only be Windows 7 Dell. I've done everything to enable the reservation to the Windows 10 and the icon does not appear in the windows of the bar. I assume I'll have the same problem I had in the past with windows 8 when the Windows 10, and Dell did not even bother to respond to my request for help in the past. I have bought a laptop and not an upgrade can make an operating system is frustrating and reason to change brands. The other Acer laptop I have and with older hardware already have the icon and the reservation made for windows 10.
I look for a solution, and Dell should at least have respect for customers, the problem can only be in Windows 8 manipulated by Dell. I recently did a disk formatting and I'm thinking of buying a new laptop in September and if this problem is not resolved, I will think about going to another brand and different operating system

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 14th, 2015 12:00

The "valid license" for windows 8 expired long ago. Upgrade your windows 7 to SP1 if you have not done that already. Then you can get the free upgrade if your computer qualifies. Formatting your hard drive is probably the reason for the problems. Is Windows 7 activated now? 

There is no burning need to reserve windows 10. You will still be able to upgrade without a reservation. There is a problem with the bios on your model computer. It is not compatible with windows 10 yet. That should be solved after the release.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 14th, 2015 16:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reply .

I have Windows 7, updated with SP1, and everything else until yesterday. I have a license from the original Windows 8, which bought the day was available and that never used because I could not install. I contacted the support of MS, and they also failed to resolve the problem at the time and after 4 hours on the phone, and even access support my Laptop via online software. After all this I just have to think that the problem is Dell. I've tried to do the clean install the latest Build of Windows 10, but without success, which leads me to suspect that the OS is Windows 7 handled by Dell that leaves no upgrade. I then contacted Dell, and also did not succeed, because not answer had.

Probably the problem can even be the BIOS, but not accepting the windows 8 in 2012 is a little strange, but nevertheless, I will wait and see what falls on me luck.

No Events found!