Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2016 12:00

Dell Inspiron 15R won't turn on ! No lights will turn on .

I saw that there were others with this issue. I already tried things like resetting the ram, taking out my battery. Even with my laptop plugged in, not lights are showing up and the power button isnt starting anything. I tried to listen and hear if anything was happening, but no luck. I just to get help if there is anything I can do to trouble shoot or just figure out what the issue is so I can get it fixed . I was running Windows 10 on there. 

2K Posts

November 24th, 2016 13:00

Hi PARTH511722,

What is the exact system model?

Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible? Could you try powering on with another battery?

Remove the memory and disconnect the HDD and try powering on the system with adapter only / battery only and check.

Does the adapter led stay on and stable or does it go off when connected to the system?

If the adapter led is stable when connected to the system and there are no signs of power, then the motherboard is suspected faulty.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!